Re: RFS: python-pywcs

Le mercredi 26 octobre 2011 à 09:45 +0200, Ole Streicher a écrit :
> Am 25.10.2011 22:42, schrieb Sylvestre Ledru:
> > Le lundi 24 octobre 2011 à 16:23 +0200, Ole Streicher a écrit :
> > You have to join this project to get access to the VCS.
>
> Sorry, I didn't write that: I already applied for a membership. I still
> did not get an approval, but I am listed in the science team member list
> at <http://alioth.debian.org/projects/debian-science/>.
>
> Does this mean that I am a member (since I am listed) or not (since I
> did not get an approval mail and I cannot access the git VCS)?
Yes, you are a member. I just checked and you are indeed listed as a member.
About the VCS issue, it is likely to be a configuration issue on your
side.

> > If you want to create a new repo, you will have to connect yourself to
> > git.debian.org and use the script in the debian science directory.
>
> Which one do you mean and how do I use it?

ssh git.debian.org
cd /git/debian-science/packages
./setup-repository <package> "<desc>"

> >> Another question: The science policy requires that I shall put
> >> "debian-science-maintainers@lists.alioth.debian.org" as the Maintainer
> >> and my own name as Uploader. But AFAIK the uploader will be replaced by
> >> the Sponsor, so my own contribution authorship is not anymore visible in
> >> the final Debian package?
> > If I don't make any changes to your package, I usually leave the name in
> > the changelog author. Otherwise, it is shown  in the content itself with
> > [ ] around.
>
> I would feel a bit unlucky when I would be moved from the front page to
> some ChangeLog since I did most of the packaging work for these
> packages.
Don't worry, we, sponsors, are not trying to steal your credits.
The place which matters (and which is shown) is the uploaders.
If we change the changelog

>  I would also appreciate if we can discuss the changes you want
> to make and I could apply them because I need to learn about the
> packaging process.
git diff will be your friend ;)

> And, I want to be kept responsible for the package
> with you (or someone else) as a reviewer who makes comments and finally
> decides about the inclusion, but does not touch the package himself. I
> see this in the same sense as a review of a science journal paper, is
> this the right picture of the mentoring process?
Well, it is not the way most teams work in Debian. If I have to "fight"
with you to make changes in your package, I prefer you find an other
sponsor.

> BTW, do you have any comments on my packages?
No, I haven't look. For science (and Java) packages, I am only
sponsoring team maintained packages.

> > Anyway, the name of the uploader is still shown. See:
> > http://packages.debian.org/sid/scilab
> > or
> > http://packages.qa.debian.org/s/scilab.html
>
> Hmm. These seem to show the maintainer (Debian science team) and the
> uploader (you in this case). An original uploader, or mentor, is not
> mentioned there.
I don't understand what you mean here. Sorry

Sylvestre