Re: New metapackages for Debian Science: science-highenergy-physics

On Thu, Nov 03, 2011 at 05:10:36PM +0100, Xavier Grave wrote:
> >    narval-utils
>
> > to the dataacquisition task rather than the physics task which seems
> > more appropriate to me.
>
> > What do you think?
>
> I fully agree.
>
> But may be all the narval packages can be added ? [1]
> Indeed, narval-utils is only a part of the framework.

Currently the layout of the metapackages is designed to recommend
packages featuring end user applications which usually Depend /
Recommend / Suggest other packages like libraries anyway.  Adding
implicite Dependencies to the metapackages just spoils its content.

It might be a question to create a dataacquisition-dev metapackage which
might depend from libnarval1-dev.  I would like to hear other peoples
opinion about this first because I personally do not use it.

And - as always in Free Software - yes, it can (be added) if you decide
to do it yourself and it does not conflict with other principles harsh
enough that people feel like reverting your change.