VTK 5.8.0 directories

Hi,

I'm testing out the vtk 5.8.0 (uploaded to experimental, currently in the NEW queue)
built by Matheiu, using it to build visit 2.3.2.

visit currently expects to find its libraries in /usr/lib/vtk-5.8; in this directory there are already a bunch of .so links to the same .so library in /usr/lib ; shall we remove these links and fix vtk users (visit, paraview, ...) to look purely
within the library directory ?

(the links currently present are .so files ; to get visit to build I needed to add
libvtkCommon.so.5.8.0 -> ../libvtkCommon.so.5.8.0 etc.)

At the same time, we are transitioning to multiarch: these libraries will probably need to go to /usr/lib/<triplet>. Shall we fix visit, paraview, etc. to build from these
directories and remove the symlinks?

regards
Alastair

--
Alastair McKinstry  ,<alastair@sceal.ie>  ,<mckinstry@debian.org>     http://blog.sceal.ie

Anyone who believes exponential growth can go on forever in a finite world
is either a madman or an economist - Kenneth Boulter, Economist.