Debian singular packages team

The singular packages in Debian are quite outdated, which also blocks
any chances to use it for other mathematics software, like macaulay2
or SAGE.

I think it would be nice if this could be maintained by some people
within the debian-science umbrella. Any volunteers for that?
(I also volunteer to do some work, but I especially miss some knowledge
to properly test the resulting packages).

I'm CCing Tim Abbott the current maintainer. Tim, any objection to
move it to debian-science in case there will be some volunteers?
I assume you mostly packaged it as build-dependency of SAGE?

	Bernhard R. Link