Re: RFS: AWeather - Weather monitoring program

On 2011-07-26 19:37, Julian Taylor wrote:
> some comments on this package:
> it does not build in a clean chroot, it is missing a build dependency on
> libbz2-dev and these:
> libgrits0 (>= 0.5), librsl1 (>= 1.41)
> should be libgrits-dev and librsl-dev not the library only package
>
> please setup a pbuilder environment to test for missing dependencies:
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/PbuilderHowto

I've added the build dependencies and setup a pbuilder environment.
Unfortunately I was unable to get AWeather to work with pbuilder. I
tried following the "Building With Local Packages" section from the
howto and installed grits and rsl to the local directory but still
wasn't able to get it working. I'll try getting that to work some more
sometime, unless there's and easier way.

> debian/watch is to generic it matches rsl-1.40.tar.gz use e.g.
> aweather-([\d.]+).tar.gz

Updated as suggested.

> please fix this lintian warning:
> E: aweather: non-empty-dependency_libs-in-la-file usr/lib/aweather/radar.la
> you can probably remove the file:
> http://wiki.debian.org/ReleaseGoals/LAFileRemoval

I added an override_dh_auto_install rule and set the destdir to
debian/tmp, then added an aweather.install file to only install the .so
files. It seems to work, but I'm not sure if there's a better way to do
it.

> debian/copyright:
> Files: is a required DEP5 tag, add a Files: * if the copyright covers
> all files

Added `Files: *'