Re: updating mpi-defaults (decommissioning lam)

On Mon, 2011-06-20 at 00:51 -0400, Yaroslav Halchenko wrote:
> I think that it is the case indeed.... since the migration is
> unavoidable and versioning the dependency on mpi-defaults is not
> appropriate for this case, why not simply upload mpi-defaults 1.0
> directly to unstable?

I guess Manuel's idea was to test first (under experimental) that
packages would build fine under mpi-defaults[mpich2]. Certainly my
intention with gerris was just to check the build result. With the
result being somewhat odd and unexpected, but not because of mpich2.

I think there were questions regarding some other packages, in relation
to whether they'd build fine under mpich2 instead of lam, see
http://lists.debian.org/debian-science/2011/05/msg00025.html
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?tag=old-mpi-eol;users=debian-science@lists.debian.org
http://lists.debian.org/debian-science/2010/03/msg00021.html

Drew