Re: updating mpi-defaults (decommissioning lam)

On Thu, 2011-04-07 at 20:14 +0200, Lucas Nussbaum wrote:
> On 07/04/11 at 10:25 -0400, Yaroslav Halchenko wrote:
> > Hi Drew,
> >
> > just make it clear -- you are talking about
> > http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?msg=5;filename=mpi-default-dev_conflict_other_implementations.diff;att=1;bug=575259
> > right?
> >
> > was it tested with packages being rebuilt against patched version at
> > least on few platforms?

I'm happy to leave bug #575259 untouched if you suspect the patch might
be unreliable.  I just want lam gone so packages can autobuild.  I have
no substantial preference between openmpi and mpich2, unless mpich2
should give the same build problems that lam did.

> Also, are you talking about switching to mpich2, or to mpich? mpich
> should probably go away too. With my mpich2 maintainer hat, I would be
> totally fine with this transition, but I'm currently too busy with my
> work on Ruby packaging. So, if someone else wants to push it, feel free
> to go ahead.

mpich2 of course :)

Drew