Re: how to deal with bibtex with long fields

On Tue, 31 Aug 2010 15:08:53 -0500 (CDT), "Jim Crumley" <crumley@fields.space.umn.edu> wrote:
> Have you seen the BibTex FAQ? See question 37 in the FAQ
> http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=4&ved=0CCUQFjAD&url=ftp%3A%2F%2Fftp.tex.ac.uk%2Ftex-archive%2Fbiblio%2Fbibtex%2Fcontrib%2Fdoc%2FbtxFAQ.pdf&rct=j&q=bibtex%20field%20too%20long&ei=AFp9TPrDF8mmnAel4N2dCw&usg=AFQjCNEKPH3GMSeHXI5ewvX-SqbT6S1MMQ&cad=rja
>
> It sounds like you might be able to solve the problem by changing a
> parameter or two in the source and recompiling BibTeX.

Hey, Jim.  Yeah, I did see that but yikes!  I should have put that on my
list of "unacceptable solutions"!  Someone else suggested this might be
the only solution, but they thought it might also require rebuilding all
of tex as well.  Not something I have any intention of doing.

Hopefully a better solution will present itself.  Still holding out hope
for pybtex at the moment...

jamie.