Re: ParaView package

On Mon, May 24, 2010 at 10:37 PM, Michael Banck <mbanck@debian.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Sun, May 16, 2010 at 11:45:30AM +0200, Mathieu Malaterre wrote:
>> I tried to simplify the lintian override to the minimum one. But I am
>> not sure why those are here (maybe because paraview use a convienient
>> copy of VTK -for good reasons-).
>
> Can you summarize why this is?  Looking at the upstreams (Kitware seems
> to be upstream for both VTK and ParaView), this seems surprising.

Back in the old days ParaView would use a hardlink (or symlink I can't
remember) to VTK CVS tree.
Now using git it seems I can do that more gracefully (look at VTK dir):

http://paraview.org/gitweb?p=ParaView.git;a=tree

I think paraview really need a VTK from a special paraview-branch.

--
Mathieu
Ps: I can't find the thread about this specific subject on debian but