Re: RFS: mn-fit (updated package)

Hello,

> * The Policy document has an "upgrading checklist" built in to it, so
> you will probably be able to figure out what you must do to upgrade.
> Probably, you must do nothing to comply with new policy.

I checked the list and bumped the Standards-Version to 3.9.1. I also
set priority to 'high' for this version as it fixes a security bug.

The updated package is available at the former URL, namely :

http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/m/mn-fit/mn-fit_5.13-8.dsc

> you are leaving me somewhat puzzled. The QA is listed as the current
> maintainer, but only to keep doing what has been left by others, so I
> tend to understand what the QA is doing. Instead, we should work on
> getting Etienne towards a DM status so the questions for sponsoring
> will be a thing of the past.

Thanks for your help. I have no personal interest in this package, so
I don't think I am a good candidate for adopting it. But giving a bit
of love to an orphaned package is what QA uploads are about, no ? :-)

> Now that I have replied I am also somewhat caught as a candidate to
> sponsor you. However, I feel somewhat overwhelmed with things I need
> to do that I dare to forward your RFS to the Debian Science list.
>
> mn-fit is based on the CERNLIB and as such seems like a perfect place
> to become associated with Debian Science. Is there anyone sufficiently
> close to this package to help out? Etienne, if there is noone contacting
> you, then please PM me again and I sponsor you.

Great. If someone in debian-science can sponsor this upload, I would
be glad. If other packages in this area need help, please let me
know.

--
Etienne Millon