Re: I want to contribute

On Wed, Jul 14, 2010 at 11:53:10AM +0200, Egon Willighagen wrote:
> I am
> sure you would make many Debian users happy if you would package Jmol
> (http://jmol.org/) for Debian. (I am/was lead developer for both, and
> reside in Uppsala).

I can confirm that Jmol would be quite interesting.  Here is some information
about the packaging status of Jmol:

   http://debian-med.alioth.debian.org/tasks/bio#jmol

However, I would strongly recommend contacting the issuer of the ITP
and suggest moving SVN from pkg-escience to debian-science SVN.

> A second common approach is to look at bug reports for packages within
> the Debian Science project, and work on patches to solve those bugs.

Here you can easily pick a bug which concerns a package in your
personal field of interest:

   http://blends.alioth.debian.org/science/bugs/