Re: Big problems with scientifc use of amd64

* Francesco Pietra <chiendarret@gmail.com> [100617 17:39]:

> When such problems arise, I am tempted to inquire if there is another
> distribution of linux that overcomes such problems. Is there one?

This is actually a common problem for scientific computing
departments that have to provide numerous different versions
of applications to serve the demands of a large number of users
maybe even in heterogeneous environments.

For these scenarios it is a very well established approach to use
some sort of software management system independently from the
distribution. Environment modules [1] are probably one of the
most commonly used in computing departments.

Best regards - Juergen

[1] http://modules.sourceforge.net/

--
GPG A997BA7A | 87FC DA31 5F00 C885 0DC3  E28F BD0D 4B33 A997 BA7A