Re: Integrating Machine Learning Software and Datasets withing debian

On Sat, 12 Jun 2010, Christian Kastner wrote:
> The question is: where would I start packaging?
I usually prefer a nice soft sofa ;)

> Looking at mloss.org, I can see it contains hundreds of registered
> projects. Apart from the obvious (packages with a personal interest),
> this would require some form of strategy.
All the factors you have mentioned are important, but also you could
start by checking through RFPs and ITPs, RFH (if anyone needs help
with already existing or desired packagings)

then go by your heart ;) probably it wouldn't make much sense to package
something you do not see value in yourself.
http://pybrain.org/
At some point I thought to take it into my hands, do not remember what
stopped me ;)

--
                                  .-.
                   Linux User    ^^-^^    [175555]