Re: Request for review of the tango package

A few questions/comments.

Le dimanche 14 mars 2010 à 07:51 +0100, PICCA Frédéric-Emmanuel a
écrit :

[...]
> the tango-nonfree part is composed of .jar files distributed by the mainstream
> without the sources. I am working with the authors to solve this issue as soon as possible.
I don't see tango-nonfree ?!
What are their names ?
These jar are not available or included for now ?
Are they mandatory for tango to work ?
Could you create a script which will do the repack ?

> after installing all the generated .deb files, you can start with the 'astor' application to test the system.
Could you are more information about that in the README.Debian ? It is
not trivial to know which packages to install to have the feature.

> So for now I would be glade if someone could take a look thoses packages.
A few comments:
* For both packages, could you follow the Debian Science Policy, in
particular the Maintainer & Upload sections [1]
I pushed this change

omniNotify:
* I made and push some changes (missing deps for example)
* the patch are not applied (iostream.h in particular) (try with
pbuilder / cowbuilder for example)
* a part of include/ModFlexLexer.h is under BSD license
* please open an itp and update the changelog

tango:
* Please avoid to select a license for debian/* different from upstream.
It can prevent upstream to apply back the patches.
* For debian upload, please merge the changelog into a single element
* in debian/copyright, many LGPL files are not listed (ex:
lib/cpp/server/, lib/cpp/client/ ...)
* the build fails on: cp: cannot stat `debian/tmp/usr/bin/tango_admin':
No such file or directory

Once these issues are fixed, I am going to have a look again.

Thanks,
Sylvestre
[1]
http://debian-science.alioth.debian.org/debian-science-policy.html#id227577