Request for review of the tango package

In fact the object of the mail was wrong sorry for that.

-------- Message d'origine--------
De: PICCA Frédéric-Emmanuel [mailto:frederic-emmanuel.picca@synchrotron-soleil.fr]
Date: sam. 13/03/2010 20:44
À: debian-science@lists.debian.org
Objet : review of the tango package

Hello

I am looking for someone to review my package "tango".
This package provide three services for the tango control system used
by a few synchrotron facilities in europe. (ESRF, SOLEIL, ALBA, PETRAIII, MAXLAb IV)
and also some smaller laboratories for their how experiment.

This control system allow to control via executables named tango devices plenty of different
devices.

this package provide the first pieces of the system. The database ans the starter device.
the first one let store the state of the system into a MySQL datatbase.
the second one let start all the other devices.

Once this package will be included into debian it will be possible to add more and more tango devices.
the objectiv is to provide an easy to install control system for laboratories.

It builds these binary packages:
liblog4tango4 - logging for TANGO - shared library
liblog4tango4-dbg - logging for TANGO - debug library
liblog4tango4-dev - logging for TANGO - development library
liblog4tango4-doc - logging for TANGO - documentation
libtango7  - TANGO distributed control system - shared library
libtango7-dbg - TANGO distributed control system - debug library
libtango7-dev - TANGO distributed control system - development library
libtango7-doc - TANGO distributed control system - documentation
tango-accesscontrol - TANGO distributed control system - accesscontrol server
tango-common - TANGO distributed control system - common files
tango-db   - TANGO distributed control system - database server
tango-starter - TANGO distributed control system - control server
tango-test - TANGO distributed control system - test device
tango-test-dbg - TANGO distributed control system - test device

- dget http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/t/tango/tango_7.1.1~dfsg-1.dsc

but you can also find it in the git repository of debian-science.

http://git.debian.org/?p=debian-science/packages/tango.git;a=summary

to test it for real with a gui you need also the 'omninotify' package and the 'tango-nonfree' one.
Both are available from mentors also and you can find omninotify in the git repository.

http://git.debian.org/?p=debian-science/packages/omninotify.git;a=summary

the tango-nonfree part is composed of .jar files distributed by the mainstream
without the sources. I am working with the authors to solve this issue as soon as possible.
after installing all the generated .deb files, you can start with the 'astor' application to test the system.

So for now I would be glade if someone could take a look thoses packages.

Kind regards
 Picca Frédéric