Re: [Pkg-scicomp-devel] Merge of pkg-scicomp into the Debian Science Team

Am Dienstag, den 16.02.2010, 13:26 +0100 schrieb Sylvestre Ledru:
> Le jeudi 11 février 2010 à 13:20 +0100, Christophe Prud'homme a écrit :
> > why not subscribe  everybody from the pkg-scicomp to Debian science
> > automatically ?
> > both for -devel and -commits
> > -commits requires that we change also the Maintainer field in debian/control
> >
> > Unless someone is against that, I think this should be done asap, no ?
> I have all passwords of all four mailing lists. If there is no
> objection, I am going to do that.

I'd personally consider this a bit rude. At least you should wait a few
days for people to opt-out of that if they like to.

Also, I'm not sure whether all people currently listed in the Alioth
group list are active in the group; my experience is that the Alioth
lists do not always reflect the "real" situation. Moving inactive
maintainers makes no sense. I think if someone is active and agrees with
the change, they'll take care of subscribing.

This effort was started with good intentions and should not look like to
outsiders like a "hostile" take-over. I have no clue how it actually
does look as feedback so far was quite rare. I'm not sure if this is
silent agreement or not.

Best regards,
Manuel