Re: Debian Meteorology ?

On Mon, 6 Apr 2009, Alastair McKinstry wrote:

I know from WNPP that Enrico Zini is packaging grib-api from ECMWF ; is anyone else working
on Meteorology or climate software ?
Any comments on creating a Debian meteorology metapackage ?

A - good you mention this.  As you might have noticed I recommended this
as response to your ITP (before I read this mail).  I'm in big favour of
this.  Do you want to maintain the tasks file yourself?  It is quite
simple and I could give a kickstart for sure but it makes sense if those
people who are actually working in this field take over maintenance.