tasks files maintence (Re: RFS: graph isomorphism)

Andreas Tille wrote:

>On Thu, Aug 06, 2009 at 08:12:09AM -0300, David Bremner wrote:

>Currently it is organised that way that you have to be a member of
>Blends team on alioth.  There is no explicite need for this and it
>might also go into the debian-science SVN (but it has to be SVN for
>the moment).  I feel a bit lazy about moving from the blends repository
>and would rather like to add people to this group - but if you think
>that's an extra burden just ask me to move.  Debian Edu and Debian GIS
>have their tasks files in their SVN repositories - all other Blends
>source packages are in the blends group.

For me, joining the blends group is fine. But in the long run I think
moving into debian-science svn would make it more a natural part of
the team workflow, rather than something you have to manage/encourage
by asking about what task a given new package goes in.

Or maybe there is some alioth magic that could make all debian-science
members automatic members of blends.  Would that be desirable from a
blends point of view delegate adding users like that? It doesn't
matter so much where the svn is I guess, I'm mainly thinking the extra
adminstrative hoop.

On a related topic it would be nice if there was some semi-automatic
way to smooth the flow of ITPs into the tasks files.  Perhaps
something along the lines of the Package Entropy Tracker watching the
git repos.  Perhaps something useful will come out of the pkg-perl
teams investigations of git.

All the best,

David