Re: permission to redistribute cw260 (in gerris)

On Mon, 2009-06-01 at 14:39 +0100, Alastair McKinstry wrote:
> Hi Drew,
>
> I'm drawing up a list of packages in Debian-Meteorology (http://wiki.debian.org/DebianScience/Meteorology
>   and
> http://wiki.debian.org/DebianScience/MeteorologyDev). I hadn't heard of
> 'ferris' ; it certainly looks interesting. Do you think it should be
> included, as a Recommends: or Suggests: ?
> Any other relevant packages ?

Gerris is designed for variations of Navier-Stokes flow.  That generally
means incompressible fluid, e.g. water, however it also allows for
variable density.

So in a meteorological context it could be useful for modelling ocean
currents.  I'm less certain about atmospheric modelling,  but there are
examples of air flow so perhaps it can.

Have a look at the examples at
http://gfs.sourceforge.net/examples/examples/index.html

Drew