Re: Full paper-to-bibliography toolchain

On Mon, 2009-03-16 at 12:53 -0500, Bryan Bishop wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 16, 2009 at 12:44 PM, Ross Boylan <ross@biostat.ucsf.edu> wrote:
> > On Sat, 2009-03-14 at 21:41 -0500, Bryan Bishop wrote:
>
> > tellico (packaged for Debian) might be useful here.  Although it is a
> > general purpose collection manager, a lot of effort has gone into
> > bibliography management and online retrieval.
>
> http://periapsis.org/tellico/
>
> """
> Tellico is a KDE application for organizing your collections. It
> provides default templates for books, bibliographies, videos, music,
> video games, coins, stamps, trading cards, comic books, and wines.
>
> What do you mean by 'retrieval'? I don't see retrieval features
> mentioned- although I also didn't see the PDF retrieval option the
> first time I looked wrongly at Zotero, so it's possible I'm missing
> something.
tellico has a "search the internet" feature with pluggable datasources.
Several of the distributed ones are libraries, and one is amazon.
It retrieves the citation and (at least for amazon) an image of the book
cover.  I don't think it currently retrieves pdf's; in fact, it's
oriented to books, not papers.  Probably it could be extended.

I just played with it awhile ago; I notice it can import from and export
to a variety of formats.  It has export to LyX and OpenOffice, as well
as a variety of file formats like bibtex.

Ross