Re: Bibliography and File Management

Give Zotero a try.  It has adequate (but not perfect) BibTeX output which can be cleaned up in jabref easily.  Collecting, annotating, and organizing the database is made easy with tags and associations, and it captures the pdf directly from the host site and includes DOI, ISSN, ISBN, and loads of other info.  You can also associate any arbitrary file, note, link, to all records, so it is easy to include many layers of info in one database.  The new collaborative features seem to work, but I have yet to test them in a serious multi-user environment yet.  Even though this sounds like advertising, I am just a user who has tried loads of other tools over many years and like this one.

The only slight downside is it slows down firefox on some sites, so I only use it when I am collecting references.

Happy reading,
David