Re: Moving IT++ to team maintenance

Andreas Tille wrote:

>On Wed, 25 Feb 2009, Kumar Appaiah wrote:

>> 3. Could you recommend an easy way to shift the history to the new
>> repository location?

>I hope the Git experts might be able to answer this question properly.

Perhaps I misunderstand the question, because it seems too easy :-).

1) Log in to alioth.
2) Either
   a) mv /git/collab-maint/foo.git /git/debian-science/pkg/foo.git
   or
   b) git clone --bare /git/collab-maint/foo.git /git/debian-science/pkg/foo.git

In the first case, of course, it will no longer be in collab-maint.

there is some details (not history, but I believe e.g. description)
not preserved by the clone option.

If you have more sophisticated needs, I recommend asking
on #git on freenode, where I or even some actual git-experts will be happy to help.

David