Moving IT++ to team maintenance

Dear Debian Science,

I have wanted to shift IT++ (source package libitpp) to team
maintenance with Debian Science for quite a while. I just read the
requirements to do the same, and wanted to know from you some details
on how to make the shift.

1. It's already using Git in collab-maint, but I haven't really been
disciplined in using pristine-tar to store the original upstream
tarballs; I just used the extracted tar.gz for the earlier
versions. Maybe I can make the switch now. Is that fine by you?

2. It toes the fine line between engineering and mathematics, but it
may fall into the mathematics category. Which would you think is apt?

3. Could you recommend an easy way to shift the history to the new
repository location?

Thanks.

Kumar
--