Re: RC bugs in science packages

Manuel Prinz <debian@pinguinkiste.de> writes:

> Am Dienstag, den 03.02.2009, 15:20 +0100 schrieb Andreas Tille:
> > Code to obtain the bugs in question just exists in the script which
> > generates the bugs pages.  It would not be very hard to implement
> > sending a monthly mail according to this using the existing code.
> > I'd volunteer to give some comments / help if somebody would take
> > over the real work to implement this but I'm currently busy with
> > other things.  It's basically dropping all the non-RC bugs from the
> > structure which is created,

I actually think that non rc-bugs should be included. Ideally you
would list RC bugs first, then bugs tagged help, then the rest.

I agree this is a judgement call though.

> render a reasonable text (genshi templating
> > system might be useful for this as well) and sending the mail to
> > a preconfigured address.

I'd tend to go for debian-science as the list for this - but agree
that debian-science-maintainers might also be appropriate.

> If it does not need to be done in the next few days, I'd volunteer to do
> that. Currently, all my Debian time goes into Open MPI. Once this is
> done, I have some cycles for that. If someone else wants to step in,
> feel free to do so.

Another closely related thing is to use the watch file results to post
a list of packages that are out of date compared to upstream. debichem
has done this already I think.

Chris