Re: Newbie presentation and slashdot thread

On Sat, 31 Jan 2009, Chris Walker wrote:

André Isidoro Fernandes Esteves <aife@netvisao.pt> writes:

Two interesting open source projects surfaced:

- EPICS:

An unofficial package of epics is available.

http://cdd.alioth.debian.org/science/tasks/dataacquisition.html
and http://wiki.debian.org/DebianScience/DataAcquisition
provide links to it.

It isn't a package I personally use - but clearly it would be nice if
an official package existed.

We have found some problems with the powerpc build and I need to fix these
before going further.  otherwise, I will have to drop architectures other
than i386.

Carlo

--
Carlo U. Segre -- Professor of Physics