Re: Newbie presentation and slashdot thread

Bryan Bishop <kanzure@gmail.com> writes:

> On Fri, Jan 30, 2009 at 6:04 PM, André Isidoro Fernandes Esteves wrote:
> > In the meantime, may i ask for your attention to this slashdot thred:
> >
> > " Open Source Software For Experimental Physics?"
> > http://tech.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=09/01/30/1443203&from=rss
>
> This list may or may not be of interest-
> http://heybryan.org/mediawiki/index.php/Comp_chem_linkdump

I've added it to http://wiki.debian.org/DebianScience/OtherLinks and
the chemistry wiki page. It would be more useful if it had information
on which software is already packaged for Debian, and which is
commercial and can't be (as http://www.opennovation.org/ does for
engineering software). I don't suppose some kind soul can go through
and work out which. The Quantum chemistry/solid state physics list
below does provide a good overview of this.

> I used to have one for computational physics, but alas I did not pray
> to the backup gods. OSP comes to mind.
>
> See also:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_quantum_chemistry_and_solid_state_physics_software
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Physics_software

I've added the first of these to the chemistry page, and both of those
to the physics page.

Chris