Re: new open science list

Greetings!

> One thing we're particularly interested in is 'packaging' relevant knowledge
> resources. Part of our effort in this direction is http://ckan.net. For more
> on this see:

It's funny that you mention that. I've been thinking lately that it would be
a good idea to create packages containing educational (or other useful)
books and other useful resources.  They're are a significant number
GFDLed or otherwise Free books as well as books beyond copyright
(eg. Shakespeare's plays) that schools, universities and other users could
benefit from having around.

They could be stored somewhere such as /usr/share/books/ in various
formats (HTML, PDF, txt... perhaps provide multiple in different packages).

And beyond books: movie lectures, picture libraries, condensed Wikipedia...
All available through apt.

On a different note: I really disliked the Electricity and Magnetism textbook
for my school, so I'm making a replacement. My physics teacher looked it
over, but his area of expertise isn't E&M. Would anyone be willing to look it
over?

Sincerely,

Christopher Olah