Re: [Announce] New tasks web Bpages for all CDDs

On Wed, 2 Jul 2008, Jan Beyer wrote:

http://cdd.alioth.debian.org/science/tasks_new/physics.html lists
gwyddion, which is very nice, but as the maintainer I'd prefer to have
it in the viewing-task (too?), as it is mainly a visualization tool, and
it's not specialized for physics applications.

Done.  If anybody wants to have write permissions to CDD SVN to edit
debian-science tasks himself - just ask me.  It's not that hard to do
and would spare my time to continue fixing problems in the scripts.

Nice pages! Congrats!

Seems people like these pages.  So my advise would be: Watch out other
scientific software and add them as prospective packages to prepare/announce
later inclusion into Debian.  This shows what we are doing.  Watch WNPP
bugs for scientific software and add the info as well to make sure the
WNPP will not be unattended and becomes "solved" after a year by the WNPP
watch daemon that cleans old ITPs.

And, not to forget, translate package descriptions.  Hey, we are the
experts and descriptions of specific packages are at best translated
by experts. Join DDTP effort!