Package categories

It would be nice to see science packages better categorised. I guess
this is ultimately best done using debtags.

For example http://cdd.alioth.debian.org/science/tasks/physics.php lists
packages to do Finite element analysis, optical simulation, xray
absorption spectroscopy, ab inito quantum mechanics and computer algebra.

I propose to post to this list or the wiki a list of potential
subcategories along with packages that would go in them, and see where we go from there.

Comments?

Chris

PS I think that http://cdd.alioth.debian.org/science/tasks/physics.php
is nice, but a denser format would also be useful - more like the
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/UbuntuScience (but again with better
subcategories).