Re: python-openopt (corrected address - reply to this one)

Hi,

> Within your project we are going to make use of OpenOpt project
> http://scipy.org/scipy/scikits/wiki/OpenOpt
> which as you see is a part of scikits.
>
> To don't duplicate the effort I decided first to check on the lists
> (since there were no ITP yet): noone mentioned it before? made any
> tentative package? is there an interest in having such a beast in Debian
> (besides for our group)? may be someone aware of incompatibilities with
> relevant python modules (eg scipy/numpy, though I didn't mention any at
> sid box) we have in Debian now?

Speaking from the Python teams' POV, I know nobody who is working on
packages of OpenOpt. If I remember right, Ondrej Certik is working on
scipy (related) packages.

As usual, you're welcome to maintain all packages within the Python
teams, join us in #debian-python on the OFTC network if you want to
talk, or especially if you're looking for a sponsor :)

Cheers,

Bernd

--
Bernd Zeimetz