Re: RFC: wnpp bugs tagging

Alle 15:06, mar 11 marzo 2008, hai scritto:
> > I think that having bits of information which are useful for all Debian
> > developer tagged with the same user makes them *more* useful. See [3].
>
> I'd strongly vote for using debian-science list as the user because
> IMHO we need a specific group of Debian maintainers who care about this
> specific topic and this brings things in focus on the right list.
> You might have a look at the CDD documentation how to ITP[1].

Well, you can guess my purpose is slightly different, say Debian-wide, as tags
I've listed show. Therefore i think different users can be suitable to
different purposes.
 I've listed show. Therefore i think different users can be suitable to
different purposes.

> In the Debian-Med project I learned that most ITPers (including me from
> time to time) forget to tag their ITPs.  While this is a shame in principle
> we have to face this as a given fact that you can only change by closely
> watching WNPP and do the tagging on behalf of them.

I'm not sure the latter couldn't be the case. For instance, I might help with
tags, when I'm not really too busy. Of course we'd need an easy way to track
ITPs and RFPs.

> Recently I decided that the Debian-Med tasks packages do perhaps a better
> job in listing all interesting software for a specific topic because
> we can list software inside and outside Debian.  For instance have a
> look at
>
>     http://debian-med.alioth.debian.org/tasks/bio.php  or
>     http://debian-med.alioth.debian.org/tasks/imaging.php
>
> which contains a list (including meta information) which at the end
> has prospective packages with links to WNPP if such a bug exists.  If
> the bug does not exist the entry has useful information to file a
> WNPP bug.  I just explained in [2] how to get such a list for
> Debian-Science but unfortunately nobody asked for SVN commit rights
> to actually do the job of adding projects to the tasks files.
> As I said in several previous mails: If you want some closer working
> together as a Debian-Science team some work has to be done ...

Until now, I've been adding software to DebianScience* wiki pages, like
Charles often did. Anyway if I can help doing simple things, I will, as far
as I have time.

I must learn to use Subversion, too. :-)

--
Luca