Re: desktop file main category for a scientific data viewer?

(replying to myself again, sigh)

Kevin B. McCarty wrote:

> Maybe one useful thing that can come from this overly wordy email would
> be a suggestion that "Research" be added as a recognized Free Desktop
> category.  Anyone have any feelings about that?

On looking at the wiki page, http://wiki.debian.org/ExtraMenus , it
seems that the intended meaning of "Science" was to cover exactly this.
This doesn't feel quite right to me, though, since clearly something
like GPeriodic is science-related, but on the other hand is obviously
more related to education then to research.  I'll make a comment on the
wiki page to this effect.

best regards,

--
Kevin B. McCarty <kmccarty@gmail.com>