Re: [DebianGIS] Web pages showing tasks

On Fri, Feb 22, 2008 at 12:49:07AM -0800, Hamish wrote:
> Andreas Tille wrote:
> > Thanks for your input.  The obviousely missing feature in the tasks
> > page is the information about the versions in the different
> > distributions (including backport.org).  It is definitely planed
> > for a later version to add some information about availablility in
> > stable / testing / unstable.
> > Including backports.org is a nice idea which I not have thought of -
> > but it sounds interesting.
>
> that is quite simple (including backports.org), just add a link to:
>   http://packages.debian.org/<package name>
>
> the name can even be sloppy, e.g.  http://packages.debian.org/gdal

Well, linking is the easiest way, I would prefer a summary page
because it is more useful that looking every project on the general
packages.debian.org or packages.qa.debian.org site.
About that I would think some web services which can be used
to return specific information in well formed XML for the packages.* sites...
Something that bugs.d.o already does, but I dunno if it is also
available for other sites. Surely much better than re-inventing
the wheel each time...

--
Francesco P. Lovergine