Re: [DebianGIS] Web pages showing tasks

On Thu, 21 Feb 2008, Francesco P. Lovergine wrote:

It is of interest for managing better our list of apps of interest. I need
to familiarize better with it. It could be nicer if it could be integrated
with summary information like:

http://pkg-grass.alioth.debian.org/debiangis-status.html

and some summary info about bugs.

Thanks for your input.  The obviousely missing feature in the tasks
page is the information about the versions in the different distributions
(including backport.org).  It is definitely planed for a later version
to add some information about availablility in stable / testing / unstable.
Including backports.org is a nice idea which I not have thought of - but
it sounds interesting.

All in all the tasks page is more user oriented than your debiangis-status.
That's why we are rendering the long description to inform users about
the package itself.  It is even planned to use DDTP translations for
the single paragraphs where available to have some kind of i18n
(wherever possible).

Regarding developer oriented QA work it is on one hand weak on the
other hand it shows problems of maintaining package control information
(for instance Homepage).

If you are concerned about developer oriented features have a look
at the Debian-Med approach:

   http://debian-med.alioth.debian.org/bugs.php
   http://debian-med.alioth.debian.org/cgi-bin/qareport.cgi

I would like to make these web tools available as well for all CDDs
who settled down to use cdd-dev like tasks files available via SVN.
The rationale is that there is a central point of information for
doscumentation and code to build meta packages which is easily
accessable and easy to keep up to date.  It might take some time
until all these tools factorized for any CDD and all bugs are fixed
but what you see at

   http://debian-med.alioth.debian.org/

should be possible for all CDDs in principle.  I'm very positive
that it is possible to add your *-status page content based on the
tasks package format as well if you are very comfortable with
the information rendered like this.