Re: New -dev tasks

Am Freitag, den 12.12.2008, 14:38 +0100 schrieb Andreas Tille:
> BioPerl, libbio-mage-perl, libbio-ruby, ... are examples for developer
> oriented packages that do not end with -dev extension.  So there is no
> good automatic way to differentiate between developer or user oriented
> packages if you want to guess from the name of the package.

Good point. I tend to understand "library" as "C/C++ library". My fault.

> I don't say that I'm not open for suggestions. ;-)

I never said you aren't but unfortunately, I do not have a better
suggestion at hand that you can be open to! ;)

> I'm just not yet convinced that the implementation of this suggestion
> is something I would like to do in the next decade. ;-)

Indeed. I was not aware of the consequences this change might have. And
I do --as you, if I got you right-- do not feel strongly enough to hack
on it and provide a patch. (It really has to be of some importance
before I ever touch Python code again, anyway.) ;)

So sorry for the noise!

Best regards
Manuel