Re: DebianScience Live

Chris Walker wrote:
> "Mike Chelen" <mike@opensci.info> writes:
>
>> On Mon, Dec 1, 2008 at 12:19 PM, Chris Walker
>> <chrisw@chiark.greenend.org.uk> wrote:
>>> Is anyone round here working on a science live DVD/USB key system?
>
> I'm sorry I was too brief here.
>
>> What about the projects at http://wiki.debian.org/DebianScience/LiveCD
>> ? What features are most important that aren't available yet?
>
> What I meant to say is that it looks like the debian-live effort is
> active and will release DVDs with lenny. Is anyone around here trying
> to get a science image included as well? Would it have an audience?

For bioinformatics there is some apparent dormant effort to collaborate
with all the upstream folks that flocks annually with the BOSC meetings
http://open-bio.org/wiki/BOSC/liveCD that I hope to revive this summer.

The idea was to have a bunch of talk and/or tutorials bundled that
should somehow integrate the tools towards something bigger, like a
training machinery. Noone spared the resources yet, though.

Steffen