Re: Introducing: Debian Science tools

On Mon, 20 Oct 2008, Manuel Prinz wrote:

Sure. This can be easily done, the scripts are just a few lines of shell
code and can of course be generalized. I did not think of the "big
picture" here as I just thought of them as a little hackery that makes
my life a little easier and I wanted to share. If you feel like Blends
are the appropriate place, I'm happy to "donate" them. :)

Fine.

What is the preferred prefix? "dpb-", "blend-", or other? It's not too
much effort to change it, just asking.

I decided for "blend-" because this looks much less cryptic and is
much easier to pronounce.  If the script comes inside a Debian package
from the main archive it is evident that it is Debian and Pure.

The science argument should make the script reading a configuration
file /etc/blend/science/science.conf which should contain all the
information you need and will be installed by the science-common
package.  This is only some rough scetch what I plan for the future
but this should give you an idea how to design those scripts.  I
also would like you to continue this discussion at debian-custom
list which is

[ And here the sentence ended in your mail. ]

Well, I had some trouble with my mail access - should be sorted out now ...

This can easily be done. I'll subscribe on d-custom, as I am not
currently. If I find the time this week, I'll start making the code more
general. (File) Names can be discussed later.

Yes.  I'm currently working on renaming cdd (source) and cdd-common /
cdd-dev (binary) and think this will be done until end of this week
(stupid job - but I forced it on my shoulders myself ...)

This would just be "blend wnpp science" then. The tools are wrapped to
their "dashed" version, so "blend wnpp" is equal to calling
"blend-wnpp", as is in Git. ("git add" vs. "git-add", for example.) It's
just for (my) convenience.

It is perfectly fine for me - just decide what sounds convinient to you.

Thanks for your feedback!

Thanks for you to provide this stuff