Re: agent-based simulation

On Oct 20, 2008, at 11:20 AM, Ross Boylan wrote:

On Sat, 2008-10-18 at 21:07 -0700, Scott Christley wrote:
Hello,

I've been recently doing some work with the debian-med group to
package some software.  There is a software package called Swarm (http://www.swarm.org
) which is an agent-based simulation toolkit that I would like to
package into Debian.  It was suggested that I email this list as
debian-science has a broader view.  I looked through the metapackages
listed on the wiki, but its unclear which is appropriate. Agent- based
simulation is a general methodology and can be used for biology,
social science, or other computational sciences.  Is debian-science
interested in modeling and simulation software?  Can anybody suggest
an appropriate group?

thanks
Scott

I have some interest in agent based modeling, and it seems like an
appropriate topic to me.  But I don't have time to do any of the work
right now.

I'm happy to do all of the packaging work, so no need for you to spend time on that. Plus some work has been done already for packaging an older version of Swarm, so that is a starting point for me. I'm new to the Debian community so maybe I'm going about this the wrong way. Essentially I'm asking if Debian-science is the right place for this software, and if so what is the best way to get started?

thanks
Scott