Re: debian and robotics

On Thu, 8 May 2008, Leopold Palomo-Avellaneda wrote:

Well, I'm working in an specific field of the robotics. But for example the
list could have:

- rtai
- xenomai
RTOS, both in debian now.

- rtnet, not in debian. Modules to have real time extension to the network.

- orocos, with debian packages but not in debian
- orca, not in debian
- roboop not in debian

- opencv , in debian
- comedi, in debian ... maybe a bit old?

- octave, coin3d, vtk, gnuplot, boost, opende
in debian

For collision detection, I think we have nothing. Maybe,
- d-collide

Also all the typical apps for the scientific write.

Well, I tried to turn this list into code which is available at

  http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/cdd/projects/robotics/trunk/debian-robotics/tasks/?rev=0&sc=0

Please note: I will _NOT_ continue this work.  It might serve as a kick start
for you.  You can bother me with questions.  Several answers to this questions
should be given in the CDD paper[1] and if you prefer examples over documantation
just look at debian-science or debian-med at the same location as above.  Once
I see that the tasks files are growing I will be happy to add the remaining
formalism to finalise the work on this.  Feel free to tell me your alioth
user name to add you to the CDD group in SVN which grants you write permissions.

[1] http://people.debian.org/~tille/cdd/