[Question] Tools for Dynamical system / 3D phase diagram / 3D stream lines

Hi everybody,

I am investigating a pair of first order non-linear ODEs

diff(y,x)=Y/X
diff(z,x)=Z/X

X=X(x,y)
Y=Y(x,y,z)
Z=Z(x,y,z)

all x, y, z can be viewed as functions of t.

The classic 2D phase diagram (e.g. by Jordan&Smith Nonlinear Ordinary Differential Eqn 1977) is not efficient.

I want to get a general view of the structure of its solution space. I used mayavi2 from Enthought to construct scene of 3D solutions, but recently I found it is not optimized for my very purpose.

Please recommend some other tools dedicated for my problem.

Thanks!

Best wishes,

--
续本达
Xu, Benda

Fundamental Science of Mathematics and Physics,
Tsinghua University, Beijing, P.R.China

http://learn.tsinghua.edu.cn:8080/2005012177/index.html
http://thirsty.phys.tsinghua.edu.cn/MyWiki/heroxbd