Re: meshlab - anyone still working on this

On 2008-01-24 20:50:41 +0100 Ian Jackson <ian@davenant.greenend.org.uk> wrote:

Is anyone still working on the meshlab package (and the vcg library) ?

I can do that, I just didn't because there was an ITP and I didn't want to
do doublework. But since I didn't recieve any reply to my ping, I guess
I'll just pick it to me and be glad that you offer sponsorship.

I have a use for it and hoped to find a package, or failing that I
might try to put one together myself.

Well if you want you can do the vcg stuff and I do the meshlab, or even
better we both co-maintain the both?

How far has anyone got ?  Any information or pointers would be
valuable.

I think it'll build and work fine, I already maintain a few QT based packages,
they often are very simple and flawless.

I found this:
  http://gnu.ethz.ch/debian/meshlab/
which is shall we say a surprising way of distributing source for
Debian and is clearly very much a work in progress.

That really was just a quick try, I'll continue working on that though (they
got some update just right now already).

If someone wants to make a package suitable for me to sponsor that
would be fine by me too.

I'll continue when I have something working, tested and ready for Debian.

Regards,
Ian.

Thank you and regards,
Guerkan