Re: Science group on alioth

On Sun, 2008-01-27 at 06:38 +0100, Christophe Prud'homme wrote:
> in my opinion the scope is quite broad : it spans the "sciences of
> computing",
> So pkg-scicomp should definitely not host all possible "science"
> packages.

Speaking only as an onlooker, I thought the original idea (for
pkg-science) was to make the group for all (packaging of)
science-related stuff.  "sciences of computing" sounds like "computer
science" to me, which is quite a bit narrower.  I think you have
something different in mind than either "all science" or "computer
science," but I'm not sure what.

Everything that is a package involves computing in some sense, so, if
"sciences of computing" is not intended as "computer science," I'm not
sure how the "computing" part restricts the universe.

Ross Boylan