Re: OpenCASCADE and Salomé

On Wed, 2008-01-09 at 18:42 +0100, Alexandre Fayolle wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 09, 2008 at 12:12:32AM -0500, Adam C Powell IV wrote:

> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I tried building -3 with pbuilder, and it failed with
> > > /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lGL
> > >
> > > This looks like a missing build dependency on libmesa-gl1-dev
> >
> > Thank you!  I'll fix that and a couple of other things and put up -5
> > within 8 hours if all goes well.  Hopefully that should be ready to
> > upload into Debian, so I'm building with -sa.
>
> I succeeded in building opencascade from your package.

Thank you for the test.  -5 is up now with complete Build-Depends, and
just two lintian warnings: missing manpages for the three binaries in
opencascade-tools, and incorrect library package versioning -- which is
a false positive, as there's no better name for a package with soname
version 0 in OCC v6.2.

> Missing in the packages (as far as I can tell):
>
> * the samples (to put in the -doc package?)
> * the data/ directory (in the -doc package too?)

I would keep samples and data separate from docs, the docs are very big
and IMO it shouldn't be necessary to install docs in order to have
these.

Also, what do you think of the -tools name?  Should it be -bin, or
something else?  I agree that these should be in there before uploading.

I am getting some help for Salomé C++ symbol trouble on -devel, but have
yet to resolve the problem.  Perhaps I'm out of my depth in terms of C++
but from the looks of it the use of stlport in OpenCASCADE makes it a
pain in the neck to link Salomé to it...

Thanks again,
-Adam

Engineering consulting with open source tools
http://www.opennovation.com/