OpenCASCADE and Salomé

Greetings,

I am trying to package OpenCASCADE, Salomé and Code_Aster for Debian.
On the first, I am looking for testers for the package at
http://lyre.mit.edu/~powell/opencascade/ .  I am just now uploading -3
which should be fully usable, and only lacking a couple of copyright
issues before uploading (namely a note about triangle.c and contacting
upstream regarding distribution in Debian).  Known issues are in
README.Debian.html in the package.

A discussion of the legal issues around OpenCASCADE is at:

Moving on to Salomé, I'm having trouble building it that I can't
resolve.  I posted to the Salomé forum "Install & build" at:
http://www.salome-platform.org/forum/?groupid=10&forumid=9 .  The
essence is a C++ problem: nm on the OpenCASCADE libs shows _STL::
symbols whereas the libs are trying to link to std:: .  Can anyone help
me to identify, fix or work around the problem?

I'm trying to build my Salomé package around OpenMPI, which requires
fixes to bugs 459642 and 457080, for which I submitted patches.  My
package is really very incomplete; I hope to be able to put enough time
into it to put up -1 for testing by tomorrow.

[Sylvestre, Jason and Tim, please let me know if you are on
debian-science and don't need the CC.]

Cheers,
-Adam

Engineering consulting with open source tools
http://www.opennovation.com/