debian-science and science-* packages

Hi,

Andreas Tille <tillea@rki.de> (2007-07-19 15:44:07) :

> when I had my talk about Debian-Science at LSM in Amiens:
>
>    http://people.debian.org/~tille/talks/200707_lsm_science
>
> the discussion brought up some intersting points that might be interesting
> for all CDDs

> Regarding the categorsiation of avialable Debian packages I decided
> to just add the missing things to my original slides from the talk.
> These now do contain some additions for geography and several additions
> to physics (compared to the slided I used in the talk).
> The slides are available at
>
>       http://people.debian.org/~tille/talks/200707_lsm_science/index_en.html

> This categorisation is kind of a second step to realise meta packages
> stuff as it was discussed in the thread that started at
>
>      http://lists.debian.org/debian-science/2007/02/msg00011.html
>
> and which ended in a classification Wiki page at
>
>      http://wiki.debian.org/DebianScienceClassification
>
> The idea is that somebody might clean up the wiki page and adds the
> suggested Depends/Recommends/Suggests to the categories mentioned there.
> Please don't hesitate to start with this task if you are interested
> because this would lead to the needed double checking of my suggestion
> and brings Debian-Science foreward while I'm completely busy with
> urgend Debian-Med stuff for the next couple of weeks.

I have gathered this information (and more) into a temptative
debian-science source package building several science-* packages
(with cdd-dev machinery).

I am unsure if it is ready to be uploaded to unstable. But I would be
happy to hear your feedback and suggestions on dependencies to have
(or not) and take them into account.

  http://lehobey.net/debian-science

Best regards,
Frédéric Lehobey