Re: RFS: cl-plplot and mcl

Hi Philipp,

On Sunday 02 December 2007 22:40:59 Philipp Benner wrote:

> * Package name    : mcl
>   Version         : 1:06-058-1
>   Upstream Author : Stijn van Dongen <stijn@micans.org>
> * URL             : http://micans.org/mcl/
> * License         : GPL-2
>   Section         : math
>
> The MCL package is an implementation of the MCL algorithm, and offers
> utilities for manipulating sparse matrices (the essential data
> structure in the MCL algorithm) and conducting cluster experiments.
>
> MCL is currently being used in sciences like biology (protein family
> detection, genomics), computer science (node clustering in
> Peer-to-Peer networks), and linguistics (text analysis).
>
> dget http://www-lehre.informatik.uos.de/~pbenner/debian/mcl_06-058-1.dsc

I just built it and it looks fine to me. I think I once addresses packaging it
myself some years back and am glad to see it packaged by you now.

I'll wait for tonight some deeper scrutiny from my side and for further
comments from other sides and before I then eventually upload it. What you
might want to consider is to put Anton Enright's work in a separate package -
it would also need a separate citation when using it, if I recall correctly.
Also, I personally am a fan of a README.Debian. You do not offer one, but
maybe a very simple welcome note and possibly a reference to other packages
in Debian that would help in using the package or a pointer to a piece of
documentation that one should start with would come easy off your fingers.

Cheers,

Steffen