Re: package sponsorship request

I am also confused about the distinction you are trying to draw
between "sponsoring" and "adoption".  I am not wanting to give up this
package forever yet.  I am hoping to find another avenue to get it
into Debian.  In the past certain DD's have uploaded it for me, and I
am due to become one soon.  I am wanting to give up (for a time) on
trying to learn a lesson that is too hard for me to grasp while there
is another goal to get software out to those who want to use it, like
Michael Hanke.  I do not think it is appropriate to keep making him
wait weeks (after he so nicely sent in a working patch) while we
disagree over location of credit-lines when all are reasonably
accurate.  And I do not think it is appropriate to ignore the policy
decisions of maintainers who are trying to retain consistency across
all their packages over multiyear plans: e.g. all my packages are
tending (standardizing) towards autoconf, automake, cdbs, and
consistent THANKS + AUTHORS files.  This is my policy decision, it
seems logical, and I don't understand how it can be counter Debian.
If it is please explain in other words so I can grasp the point.

Best regards,

Rudi