Re: debian-science and science-* packages

On Tue, 28 Aug 2007, Christian Holm Christensen wrote:

The problem could be, that `-physics' is just a tad too broad - maybe
(and only maybe) it needs to be split up into parts (-nanoscience, -hep,
-theory, -bio, -solid, ...) with some `-physics-common' recommended

We all know that every science has several flavours.  If you want to
reflact this in meta packages we will end up with many meta packages
with zero to two dependant packages which just makes no sense at all.
Just live with some extra installed packages after installing a general
science-physics package or remove the unneeded stuff afterwards.

On the other hand we could also use the DebTAGS mechanism more
aggressively.

Sure - did you start debtagging your favourite package?