Re: Debian and meteorology

Enrico Zini wrote:
> Hello,
>
> In the last 2 years I've been working in a weather centre and I got to
> know, write and maintain a bit of meteorology-oriented software in
> Debian.
>
> Debconf is coming and I'll be there.  If someone else is coming who is
> works in a weather centre or writes / uses / maintains related software,
> we could setup a meeting of some kind (like a BoF).
>
> Get in touch with me and I'll do the organising.
>

> Ciao,
>
> Enrico

I'm afraid I can't make it to Debconf and I'm just back from holidays,
so late
to the thread.

I'm now working for ICHEC (www.ichec.ie) doing work half-time for the
Irish national weather
centre, mostly on the HIRLAM  model. This is closed-source, but there
are a number of
tools that would be interesting.

As someone else pointed out, look at http://met.no/diana/ .

Regards