Re: Debian and meteorology

[Enrico Zini]

> In the last 2 years I've been working in a weather centre and I got
> to know, write and maintain a bit of meteorology-oriented software
> in Debian.
>
> Debconf is coming and I'll be there.  If someone else is coming who
> is works in a weather centre or writes / uses / maintains related
> software, we could setup a meeting of some kind (like a BoF).
>
> Get in touch with me and I'll do the organising.

I found out about this from the Debconf schedule - I work as a
developer at met.no, The Norwegian Meteorological Institute, and I am
at Debconf.  I don't know how much I can input into the discussion on
meteorology-related software, as I've mostly been working on web stuff
and other projects that deal with processed data.  I will show up,
though.  If nothing else, there are some things happening at our
institute that might be interesting to other people regarding software
and data that is or will be released to the public.

You may want to have a look at http://met.no/diana/ .

Greetings

Mari

PS: Please Cc me, as I am not subscribed to this list.